Which might explain his need to clarify that he was lip syncing last week.
While the Wigmore Hall appearance is simply canceled, the Royal Albert Hall concert will still go ahead but now only with Anna Netrebko and Erwin Schrott.
Alas, no updates from Kaufmann himself but as this has now gone on for a little while we wish him a speedy recovery.
This of course is further to his announcement that he has withdrawn from Les Troyens for the ROH where Bryan Hymel steps in.
It should be noted, that when this was canceled two days ago Kaufmann said:
“I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment caused to my
audience, and to The Royal Opera House. I hope my decision will be
respected as an act of responsibility towards myself and the audience. I
am particularly sad to not be able to participate in the new production
of Les Troyens, a project I have been looking forward to for many
James Levine Says Lieb Wohl - Some music-making of a very high caliber took place at New York’s Carnegie Hall on the evening of May 26, 2016, when James Levine closed out a three-concer...
6 hours ago